Sunday 17 November 2013

Only the third long Sunday run.... 17/11/13

Set the goal at 7.5 miles, and that is exactly what i ran, in fact the goal was 7.6, but it was pretty much exactly the same route, except that i turned right then left round one block out in Upper Clapton and my plan was left then right, saved me about 150m, and put it down to 7.5miles on the map.... Aimed to do it under 1 hour 10... and ran it in 1 hour 7 mins!

Which is 6.72mph, around 9 minutes miles, so and this puts me in at 3hours 55minutes... so pretty much the pace that I should be running. but if you add getting a drink of water, any type of crowd, then I'm failing, so I need to go a little bit quicker, for a margin of error...

How did I feel? Well, mainly I felt rather bored! Saw a few bikes bashing around and it just seems entirely more enjoyable, faster so you don't get bored by your surroundings at any point. Physically, beyond that, pretty good. Wasn't particularly tried and seem to have recovered fairly quickly. Could I have run further? I think so yes, probably quite a bit further, esp if i could have had a drink or had had a decent breakfast before I went out.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment