Wednesday 4 December 2013

Excuses, excuses, excuses

So, it's been a while since the last post, and hence since the last run. The barrage of excuses include that I have been slightly ill (last 2 or 3 days anyway), been relatively busy with my work, I have been playing badminton (twice, relatively badly) and squash (also twice, also badly, but improving) and mainly that I have been worried about my Achilles tendon. It really hurt after the last run (12, 12! days ago), to the point where i couldn't walk the following day...

Anyway - today I went out specifically to have a slow run, to see how the leg felt, and just to get out mainly. Sop, the tendon felt stiff throughout and i curtailed a jog around Hackney Downs due to to it, and in the end i ran 4.2 miles in 41 minutes, back to 10 minute miles. I did feel i could have run faster, but purposefully kept it slow. My Achilles tend stiffened up around 30mins, after slackening off around 10 minutes... to be kept in check...



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment